Saturday, February 26, 2011

Beginning My Day





Often I do not remember that one day is separated from another. I begin early before the sun rises, light my candles, and make the sign of the cross three times. There is only darkness still, only broken by the flickering light of the candles. And I remember that I am only dust, given life by a loving and merciful Father who created all things. I prostate to the ground, remembering in Whose presence I stand, and I make three metanoias. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me a sinner. Every day you will hear my voice. Early in the morning I will sing and chant psalms and praises to you. Seven times every day just as our Father David did. Before the morning watch of the First Hour prayer I lift up my prayer for all those who have asked my prayers, and for whom I have promised to pray, each one by name. Then 41 metanoias, prostrations with my face to the ground, knowing that these could never be enough for my many sins, begging God's mercy and compassion. O if only I could remain on bended knee! Maybe the Lord may hear my supplication. But now, off to mass, where I will receive the first fruits of my day, the Body and Blood of our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ, through whom the glory, honor and dominion is due to our good Father, with Him and the Holy Spirit the Life-Giver, who is of one essence with you, always now and unto the ages of all ages. Amen. Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment